Old 06-14-19, 10:00 AM
fat2fit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by xroadcharlie
After doing some research last year myself on new bikes, I narrowed it down to either the Giant Roam or Sedona.

I choose the 2018 Sedona for its upright seating position, its 1.95" low preasure tires, and suspension seatpost. What some call a comfort bike. The Roam has a semi-tuck position thanks to a shorter stack, longer reach and lower handlebars for reduced wind resistance and probably has faster tires. I almost wish I had bought the Roam instead.

Based on my Experience with my Sedona, I think the Roam would be a fine choice. Despite being a low priced bike this Sedona is way more comfortable and fun then it has any right to be. But I would avoid disc brakes on these low end bikes.

I'm not liking what I see on low end disc brakes. WAY to complex for such a simple task, At least for recreational riders. Giant machined the rims on my Sedona so it stops in the rain, Just not as quickly. Besides, If disc brakes are so good, Why does Giant still use rim brakes on their $6,000 bikes. I think marketing is the main driver behind low end disc brakes. Like those fully suspended $400 bikes that are basically a Pogo Stick with wheels.
I'll have to disagree, disc brakes require less maintenance than rim brakes and work better in the sense that you can apply any amount of pressure you want depending on how slow/fast you want to stop vs rim brake. Road Bikes are now even adapting disc brakes but I expect them to be on all bikes in the future