Old 06-14-19, 06:42 PM
JuiceWillis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
This story of DF sounds a lot like Serenity:

- A pretty good product on paper/website.
- The early products were nice...when quality was good.
- Bad products slipped through the crack when demand increased.
- Poor communication from the company.

My guess is that the DF supplier/manufacturer overseas did great work early in the relationship and started to relax and cut corners as the relationship went on.

(I could be totally wrong. This is just speculation.)
I think you might be right, so the owner of the company has to OWN the mistakes made, not treat them like they are not a big deal. For instance, I was told that the 105mm spaced fork would "be fine" for now!! I don't know about you, but if you have ever tried to install a wheel where the spacing is off by a full 5mm, the fork bends. Like I said, they did give me a heads up on the fork, and that I would get a new one (but with no timetable). The drop out inserts though I thought I was the most incompetent bike mechanic of all time, I tried 4 different wheels and none would clear the axle. That is when I measured them, one was 10mm, the other was bent and only had a 9mm opening. I had to send multiple pictures and was at first treated like I must be an idiot. To tell me I am getting new plates overnight shipped and then getting used ones 4 days later was just flat out not following through on a promise. When I told DF I did not trust the frame, I was told over and over "we stress test these frames rigorously." Well, how am I supposed to believe that? Like I said there is even more to this story. I saved every email and picture in the event that I did not get a refund. Its a damn shame because this was THE frame that would fit me nearly perfectly. TT length, reach, stack were all literally spot on to what my fitter wanted.