Old 06-15-19, 03:56 AM
allout1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since practicing pedaling down and up with each leg, I've seen the results:

Longer stamina at higher speeds - This is so much that it's just stupid to pedal without the up stroke from the legs.
Stronger Hamstrings - This is because they are actively engaging each up stroke.

I can't use the cleats or the straps on the pedals because of what I use the bike for which is off and on, strategy and maneuvers unlike strictly long roads and smooth stretches. Therefore I don't get the full circle into the up stroke.

However my MTB pedals have great, metal pokes that dig into my shoes. By the way I have foam sole shoes, Sketchers to be exact. These metal pokes on the pedals allow me to get some up stroke because the pedal down't just slip off the sole of my shoes. It hooks into the soles instead.

So essentially with my quadriceps I'm "kicking" the pedals over 12 o'clock, and then I'm buckling out my legs with my quads to push the pedals forward and downward. On the other pedal I am using my hamstrings to back kick the pedal in a scooping fashion, and I'm using the hamstrings to slightly bring up the pedal. If I had cleats, I'd have much more propulsion over the pedal on the upward motion as my hip flexors would crank those pedals right up the backside of the circumference. The longer the steel pokes on the pedals, the more propulsion I can add to the pedals on the back side of the circumference because I can add my force without slipping off of the pedal.

Ultimately the result of pedaling with at least a scooping backward motion in each revolution is a hell of a lot more fun. I mean, buddy, it is fast, and it isn't fast with a lot of tiredness. I realize now why the hell this is such a popular sport. LOL It's a friggin' roller coaster. LOL