View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 04:13 AM
selenarichard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascendor
Any advice on how to train my dog to run on the SIDE of the road as I ride ON the road? I've tried WALKING her on a main road without a leash and she runs to cars. We actually only ever use a leash when we take her to the vet, but I'm guessing I start by buying one of those long, retractable leashes and commanding and tugging her back if she steps on the pavement. My goal is to have her accompany me off-leash. Any further suggestions? Also, how many miles would you say is too far for a young adult Dalmatian in good shape? (About a third of the time she'd be walking, because I'd be going up hill. Interspersed with that would be running or trotting, as I ride on a level road or coast down a hill with some braking to match her top speed [if she seems to have energy for it]. She'd be running on dirt/grass with occasional gravel.) Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge!
The best way to train your dog is using a dog runs that help you to train your dog easily without escaping anywhere then you can easily take your dog to the road