Old 06-17-19, 12:52 AM
Eds0123

Bikes: 2021 Salsa Warbird, (Specially Love my) 2021 Salsa Cutthroat, 2012 Surly LHT, 2015 Surly Cross-Check, 2008 Giant OCR A1, 2005 Leader 735R, 2005 Gary Fisher Montare, 1991 Nishiki Pueblo,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
hydration, Hydration, HYDRATION! Drink BEFORE you feel thirsty. In fact, make deliberate plans to stop and hydrate at specific locations along the way just so you don't over do it. 12 miles isn't very far, but without knowing your overall conditioning it's best to recommend an aggressive hydration routine.

Sunscreen for exposed skin areas and loose fitting, light colored clothing everywhere else. Technical fabrics shed moisture better than cotton and a white helmet will help with your head.

-Kedosto
+1 for hydration,
Cold water would cool you off from the inside, drink plenty of cold water while riding and once home or at your destination , I use a hydro pack filled with half ice half water for my 10 miles ride home 5 pm in the afternoon in 95 degrees heat up here for next couple days

+1 Avoid anything cotton, quick dry moisture wicking technical fabric tea shirts would work fabulously in dry heat of AZ, my experience it works greatly if it is tight fitting, you need cool feeling of the fabric next to your skin,

Good like happy trails,