b_young
Support JDRF

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Specialized Roubaix Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
Not that I’ve noticed. Much of my very long distance/weeks at a time touring has occurred after I hit 50 or within spitting distance of it.
All of the tours in my sig line have occur around 50 years old. I even did a 160 mile, 4 day off-road bikepacking trip (it’s harder than regular touring) last year. And I’m well past 50. I have ambitious plans for this year, although they may be on hold until the damned snow melts (Gunnison basin is 52,000 percent above “normal” right now!!!!!).

I just ride, use a bike with low gears and push along. And that’s for a guy who is enough overweight to put me solidly in the Clydesdale class.

Ride.

As I say the people who tell me “I could never do that!”: I’m old and fat, what’s your excuse?
I have been elk hunting around the Gunnison area. Silver Jack Lake area if you are familiar. I have thought that would be a fun tour in the summer. Just not sure where all I would want to go. The elevation was tough hunting. It may really zap me on a bike. What are some area's you tour around that great state?