Old 06-23-19, 03:48 PM
PoeCo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Tandem fender possibilities without fender mounts

Last May, my husband and I purchased our first custom tandem. At the time, it seemed ridiculous to put fender mounts on the frame because it rarely rains where we live and we weren't concerned about having the ability to put fenders on (plus, at the time we had another tandem that had mounts and figured we'd ride that one if it was raining, but that tandem has since been sold), but, as things seem to go, it has of course been a particularly wet year this past one and neither of us are particularly enjoying getting mud, dirt, water sprayed on us during wet rides (Note to self: Always say "yes" when asked if fender mounts are desired).

My question is in regard to wondering if there are good options for fenders when one doesn't have fender mounts on a tandem that won't be too odd or fall off regularly? Does anyone have any experience with this? We do have mounts for racks (front and rear), but I don't think that will be beneficial in this particular situation. We would be most grateful for any helpful suggestions!

Thanks in advance!!