Old 06-24-19, 08:27 AM
agmetal

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, ANT 3-speed roadster, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Raleigh One Way singlespeed, Raleigh Professional "retro roadie" rebuild, 198? Fuji(?) franken-5-speed, 1937 Raleigh Tourist, 1952 Raleigh Sports, 1966 Raleigh Sports step-through

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
This is the info for the US distributor of Sun XCD.

J & B International
11925 SW 128th St.
Miami, FL 33186
(305) 238-1866
Web: www.jbi.bike
As mentioned in my original post, those were the first people I contacted, and they were unable to help. I manage a bike shop that has a good relationship with J&B.

Originally Posted by masi61
I had to look at the dust cap and realized that "Sun XCD" correlates with the new SR/Suntour company, not vintage Suntour XCD. I can't tell if your bike is an antique or if it is a modern replica.
There is a guy in Poland who makes really nice custom crank bolt covers with different logos of classic brands. I bought a set of the SunTour ones with the bright red triangle that are very cool. The flat ones like you have that take an allen wrench might be found on eBay but perhaps plain without the Sun XCD script.
My bike is a 2014 ANT frame with a 2017 Royal H fork, built up to be a more practical-for-everyday-riding version of my 1937 Raleigh Tourist