Thread: New Pivot Vault
View Single Post
Old 06-25-19, 06:54 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,484 Times in 4,186 Posts
I like both color options.
The price for a frame is insane. Or I am just cheap. Or maybe both.
I like that the frame angles are pretty conservative. 73 degrees and 72 degrees on the largest frame is needs to see, if only because it packs a pretty popular Trend right now of having an incredibly slack headtube angle.
That is really good Tire clearance, obviously it is due to the dropped chainstay. I don't love that look, but it is there more for function then form.
The short chainstay is interesting. I am guessing that such a measurement will appeal to the bikes target audience which is go fast racer gravel riding.

The biggest surprise is the stack and reach. I was pleasantly surprised to see they have a frame size for up to 6 ft 6. Being 6-5, I naturally look at the largest frame size anytime I am looking at bikes, so I was pretty interested up until the point when I saw the stack for the largest frame is only 61 cm. What on Earth is that? This bike is clearly for the go fast racer among us, but even still, I would be surprised to see a 6 ft 6 strong and fast rider on this frame. That would make 4 some serious saddle to Bar drop. But hey, everyone is built differently I guess, so I'm sure there is a market for this design.