View Single Post
Old 06-25-19, 07:08 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
I used to use Mr. Tuffy in commuter bikes, which got unbelievable abuse. However, i found them sometimes a pain.

I switched because of a recommendation here to Panaracer Flat-Away and I am Very pleased. The Panaracers are lighter and more supple, stick in place in the tire but also peel out, and so far seem to work wonderfully.

I like to run light, supple tires with liners because the light tires seem to respond better, and the weight with the liner and tube is the same or less as the heavy-duty tires most recommend for flat-prone riders.

I cannot say I get more or fewer flats---there is no control, I cannot run multiple bikes over the same route at eh same time to measure flat frequency. However, I also cannot recall the last time I had to do a roadside repair .... which used to be once a month at least, as far as I can recall (I could peruse my logs but not that interested right now.)

So .... I will not recommend Panaracer Flat-Away. I will say I use the product on multiple bikes with complete satisfaction.
Likes For Maelochs: