aclinjury

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Some more details

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/13/73233...shed-at-34-mph

This one says again that he took BOTH hands off the bars. I find that hard to believe, though. First, it's unbelievably risky at those conditions, and second, who needs to use both hands to wipe their nose?

Also, I wasn't clear from earlier descriptions if he went sideways into a wall or directly into a wall, but it appears that it was the latter - 54 kph to zero in an instant, according to his Garmin.

Finally, with that kind of collision, plus the fact that he's in intensive care, makes me think that there are also significant internal or head injuries in addition to just the broken bones. I hope I'm wrong.
Well not quite. The article did say he took his "hands" off the bar, but it did not stipulate that he took both hands AT THE SAME TIME (which would have been impossible to do on a TT bike when you're hunched over, besides nobody takes both hands off the bar to blow their nose). What could have been the scenario is that he took one hand off the bar to blow his nose, then put the hand back on the bar, then take the other hand off to blow his other nostril hole, then boom!