Old 06-26-19, 02:52 PM
Wilmingtech

Bikes: 2013 Ridley Helium, 2017 Blue Pro-Secco EX, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by jrode
Thanks for the replies all. Was the Fenix SL "racy" enough for those who had it? I don't race, but I do like opening things up once in awhile and pushing it. I know that Daniel Lloyd of GCN used to ride a Ridley a few years back and said in a video he still felt it allowed him to get into that race feel.

Anyway, I couldn't find my year specs for the Supersix Evo, and am too lazy to measure right now, but I found the 2018 numbers on their website for the size 60:

ETT: 59.1 cm
Stack: 60.3 cm
Reach: 40.5 cm

Not sure what year the Fenix SL Ultegra on Competitive Cyclist is, but the numbers for it, for the XL, are:

ETT: 60 cm
Stack: 62.4
Reach: 40.3 cm

Just for sake of comparison, for the Fenix SL size L:

ETT: 58.5 cm
Stack: 59.9 cm
Reach: 39.6 cm

Numbers are hard for me to just look at and comprehend. I've always kind of just gone by feel. Itwould seem that the XL and 60 Cannondale are pretty close, outside of the stack, but that is to be expected with a less aggressive position, correct?
I'd go with the Fenix SL size L.

Stack is slightly smaller (4mm). This is adjustable with the seat. stem
Top tube/reach is slightly shorter and you can make that up in the stem.
The shorter reach would likely be from a higher seat angle putting the seat a little closer to the steerer. I believe the Fenix is going to be slightly more relaxed/endurance than the Helium or the Noah geometry. The Head angle could also be pulled in which would shorten up the reach as well.

I have an older (2013) Ridley Helium and it's a fun bike to ride. Ridley tends to stretch you out over the top tube. Mine is a Medium (Typically a 54 or 55 from most manufacturers) and the top tube is 55cm ETT is 56cm. I would usually ride a 54 with a 120mm stem but the Ridley has me on a 110mm stem and short reach handlebars.

The other reason to go a size smaller is that as long as you are not too scrunched up, it's easier to extend and the weight of the bike will be slightly lower.

-Sean

Last edited by Wilmingtech; 06-27-19 at 07:09 AM.