Old 06-27-19, 12:37 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 441 Times in 314 Posts
Originally Posted by horatio
I got good results with my aluminum bikes running 90 front and 95 rear. Minimal buzz on chipseal and pretty smooth over expansion joints. Similar rider weight at the time.
This has been my usual experience as well. I think part of the issue for me is that where I normally ride the aluminum bike every week and am used to it, I had set it aside for about 2 or 3 weeks (I was having a chain slippage issue that I’ve since resolved) and solely had been riding the Ti bike.

I’m going to do 60 tonight again and will report back tonight on my tire pressures and what (if any) impact they have on my ride comfort. I have been known to just get achey due to illness (I do currently have a sinus infection & get body aches with that) which impacts my ability to make my body act like a resilient suspension of its own. I like to unweight the pedals and occasional coast while standing in the saddle while my cranks are in the 3 o’clock/9 o’clock position while easy rolling over some of the nastier hazards. This doesn’t happen as much when you don’t feel well.