View Single Post
Old 06-28-19, 06:28 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by jspicker
Does the handle come any further apart? The weight seems excessive and I would like to remove whatever is in there and just have a compression spring in the handle like and old Silca frame pump.
Doesn't seem like it does. It is a sandwich of aluminum and plastic that houses the mechanics to slide it into HPX or compression mode. I might be curious enough to saw it open and take a look inside but I don't think so. Besides, it would mean it was permanently stuck in compression mode and that's not great for pumping.​

Originally Posted by seedsbelize
Timely
Mine pumps just fine, but when I compress it to mount on a frame, it sticks in compression mode. It needs more space and a more violent pull to unstick it. Have you figured out how to get that part out? Just inside the handle at the end opposite the switch.__________________
You could try pulling out the plastic bit on the end that switches between modes. It might just be rounded off or something. Contact Zefal for a replacement if necessary.