Old 06-29-19, 06:47 PM
kevinabbot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thoughts on my Allez Custom (wish) bike idea

Soooooo I am a climber. I want to do road races but as a budget minded college student about to attend Penn State some people were telling me to go with a good alloy frame because if I crash and brake a carbon frame I am screwed and to be honest I will be. A few things about me 1) I am a climber (I am 114lbs) so yeah. I was going to get an Emonda SL 6 Pro but now I am thinking twice about it because I won't always be able to ride in hilly races because in Colligate you don't get too many options and honestly weight isn't the biggest deal for me I just want a bike that can climb fairly well as I can climb along side local racers with my Domane ALR.

Sooo with the bike my budget is 1900$ and I know the prices I say will be below MSRP but just go with it. I am planning on getting an Allez Sprint Comp for around 1100. I am going to get Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5 wheels and a Bontrager XXX Carbon Aero Handlebar. The 2 wheels and handlebar will come out to be 680$.

So that would be my plan..
I know I am breaking apparently a "big" rule of no Bontrager on Specialized but honestly it does not impact anything.

What are your thoughts and anything else I should upgrade with the extra 120$ and please only rec Bontrager products because that's the only way I am getting stuff for cheap.