View Single Post
Old 07-06-19, 05:38 PM
Hang 5 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks for the reply, both very helpful and depressing. I've likely got some work to do to hang with a Cat3 field these days. When I was racing there was a club time trial on Tuesday, Practice Crit on Thursday and two races on the weekend during the season. I basically did one or two days of training/week when things were on. I doubt there is any record of my old USCF license, and I don't have the paper anymore. Guess I'll need to climb up through the 5s. There's a Georgia state game next weekend which has a 55+ class, though it's the same start as all the Masters. Might try the crit and TT just for giggles.

I have a guy from my old team who is competitive and anxious for me to get back into it. He says there are so many people who are fit from indoor training, but have no pack sense, that he's wanting someone to work with that knows how to lead out.

I used to be OK at cross, but trying not to have a zillion bikes. Had 4 back in the day, Crit, Road, Track and cross.

Just got some new wheels with a powertap hub, so will try training with power, yet another new concept.

Again thanks for the reply.