Old 07-08-19, 02:15 AM
MyTi
6-4 Titanium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
A bike just feels more special when the entire groupset matches. Why? Because it's so hard to find a stock bike like that.

Mine was *full* 5800 through and through, with one glaring exception - Colnago branded (nice touch at least) single pivot Tektro calipers. They worked perfectly fine, and I had no complaints about them, but being so close to a true full 5800 bike, I ordered the dual pivot 5800 calipers. I'm glad I did. Not entire fair being we are talking single pivot vs. dual pivot, so I won't compare the performance of the two, but I'm just speaking to the point it's so nice to just have a full (insert series here) bike. Just feels a bit more cohesive and special. My opinion, of course.
True I would personally rather have a Shimano crankset that matches my shifters. I do have a Ultegra crankset on my current bike. If it came with a fsa crankset I would change it out to Ultegra just because, even though I know it will shift and function the same as an fsa crankset. Just the fact that it matches and possibly looks better on the bike gives me a psychological boost even though Gerraint Thomas would still beat the whole tdf field with a fsa gossamer crankset.