Old 07-09-19, 03:02 AM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliper
The link keeps going to a 404 before the page fully loads...
Try on your mobile. It works for me.

Originally Posted by jan nikolajsen
Have two weeks on the 2020 Stigmata. 60cm, 700c with 40mm tires and Ultegra, totally stock. 19.6 lbs ready to ride with pedals, cages, Garmin mount.

It’s a zippy thing, for sure.

For comparison I sold a 2019 Tarmac because it felt dull and unexciting compared to my 2015 Cannondale SuperSix (which I kept and happily put back in commission) - for me the Stig is easily a more spirited bike than the Tarmac on the road. I’m not into the two wheelset thing, but someone could be fine on fast group rides with proper road wheels/tires and rule the dirt the next day with the stock setup.

The gravel/single track experience is so far also excellent - this is a drop bar bike from a dedicated MTB outfit.

Around here things are pretty rough once off the pavement. With its mountain bike pedigree I can see the Stig do really well with a dropper/suspension post and a Redshift stem. For me personally I think I prefer the bike in clean roadbike clothes, as I enjoy the approaches as much as the dirt itself.

I work part time at a dealership and the inside price SC offered this one at was very good; and with the super high demand for these bikes I’m grateful for them to fulfill employee purchases so speedily.
Cool. Can you tell me how comfortable this bike is on rough surfaces? And how do you evaluate tire clearance? Do you think that there is a possibility to put 700c 50 tire? The 425 dropped chainstay is very similar to G1 from walmart and their bike takes even 51c...

Last edited by sweetspot; 07-09-19 at 03:07 AM.