Thread: Ohio Erie Trail
View Single Post
Old 07-10-19, 06:55 AM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeremiesmith77
I also live in Columbus and will be doing the entire Ohio to Erie trail (Cleveland to Cinci), starting on June 1. I will give an update on conditions after I finish it for others hoping to do it later this summer.
Did you do your ride? I'm grateful to have easy access to the Ohio to Erie trail nearby my house (the Heart of Ohio Trail section). I've done from Columbus to Fredericksburg. Toying with doing the south half from Cinci maybe later this summer, and maybe the whole trail next year. Not really sure though depends on days off. Its just too hard to dedicate multiple days to a bike ride for me.. most of my vacation time is spent out of state. Something more than 2 days I need to plan a year out lol.

It seems every year or two they are paving new sections, its really progressing. When I moved into the area in 2008 none of the Heart of Ohio Trail was paved, but now its almost complete just 1 mile gap remains and I believe they have plans to complete it soon as well as the continuation of the trail in Delaware County, they just went through and cleared the brush east of Sunbury on the old railbed.