Old 01-28-06, 12:07 PM
Exeye
Uses Training Wheels...

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey yall...i'm new to the forums..though i've been kinda poking around as a guest...really liking the Clyde thread. =)
i'm definitely a clyde... 23, 6'3 255 ...build is like a linebacker who stopped playing football (ie a bit soggy around the midsection) high muscle mass in my thighs and upper body. Years of basketball and road running have me in for something less impact. used to ride alot when i was a kid up until i turned 15 and could start driving..
i work 4 miles from work, fairly hilly... i seriously woke up one day and 'eureeka!!' i'm going to buy a bike and bike to work. also i live by the Pac Coast Hwy...though it would be a good idea to ride on the weekends.
i'm young, recent college grad, got a good job but not trying to break the bank for a good bike. until a couple weeks ago i didnt know a derailleur from a...from a...well i didn't know crap about bikes. hours of research later, i'm starting to get it.
anyway, i've been to my LBS(lingo ha!) and dude there suggested an OCR1 or the Specialized Tricross( i like the versatility of that)... the Seqouia.. or Also looking at a trek 1000, 1200 or the pilot 1.0/1.2...so thats my shortlist...as you can tell my price point is around a grand, much more than and i think my girl will break up with me =)
"you dont need that"..."this one's fine! look two wheels and a handle bar"...she doesn't get it.

any help with a selection considering my clyde status? also... further reccomendations would be cool too

thanks!