View Single Post
Old 07-11-19, 06:27 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Last ride 76
I was reading about it the other day. It seemed expensive, compared powder-coating at this point, and I didn't see near the glossiness or range of colors. I didn't do a lot of research, and would happily be corrected. Apparently, by far the most durable coating presently available.

OP- I think the current color scheme is pretty nice! You realize you might be able to find another Lemond in a different color for what a mid range paint job might cost... I know, it wouldn't be new paint but...*

*Speaking as an owner of a 2002 silver front/ metallic blue rear Zurich, that I just decided to hang onto because of the smoooth ride. Even though I find the cockpit unattractive and clunky looking.
I have grown found of the bike it was a craigs list find $200 for the bike with full dura ace, extra wheels, a nice bike floor stand & speedplay pedals. It is a great fit, works well and I have no desire to change it out but can get a professional paint job for under $200. The guy painted my old Eddy Merckx titanium in a glossy flake orange years ago. It was gorgeous. It is my birthday gift to me and less than a new $2K bike. The current paint scheme is not bad but I would like more flash.