Bike Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Erie Trail
Thread: Ohio Erie Trail
View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 11:16 PM
T Stew

Bikes: All 80s Schwinns: 88Prologue, 88Circuit, 88Ontare, 88KOM, 86SS, 88Tempo, 88V'ger, 80V'ger, 88LeTour, 82LTLuxeMixte, 87 Cimarron, 86H.Sierra, 92Paramount9c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the update, and sharing pics @Jeremiesmith77 Kudus for whichever one of you using the old school bike too, that's my style lol.

I've heard the southern half is very flat and boring. One reason I'd like to do that first, and work up to the more exciting stuff.

I don't know if I'll do the southern half this year or not... my vacation plans have changed a bit with my Mom recently retiring, se we have made a lot of plans out of state. But maybe next year, or perhaps the whole thing.

My biggest concerns are about the road portions... as I mainly cycle the trails I am not fond of roads especially in the cities. I don't mind backroads, I've gotten quite used to the many gaps around my stretch of the trail but I'm a bit nervous about Cleveland. How bad is it from the end of the trail through the downtown parts to the lake? I assume I'll want to actually go to the proper end on the lake... also really want to visit Great Lakes Brewing and likely nearby lodging. Seems like the biggest gap is from Dalton to Fredericksburg, how are those roads?