Old 07-16-19, 07:15 AM
Dark Arrow

Bikes: Vivente Patagonia, Giant Expedition, Raleigh Twenty, Brompton

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Update

Well the bike looked new when I bought it. Knowing it was not the latest model I was ok with it as it was at the time. I called my shop today and they were very friendly and apologized stating they thought the bike was a 2016 model but assured me it was new and I would receive the same warranty as anyone else. They wanted me to send them pictures of the BB as it was their belief that all of their BBs had been changed out of in stock bikes at the time. But since they thought it was a 2016 and it is a 2014 they wanted me to check as my LBS is 50 odd ks away to save me the trip if not needed. My BB has already been changed out so that is not an issue. I like the bike and I've been commuting with it this week and I've got probably close to 80ks on it now. Here that model Brompton goes for $2400 new. I got mine for $2000 which I think is a reasonable deal or did for a 2016 model. I'm not sure if it is a good deal on a 2014 model though most used ones I've seen sell for give or take $100 2 grand. I probably should have got the rear rack when I bought the bike but I like the look of some of the aftermarket racks more and was hoping to find something a bit more sturdy. I bought the T bag which is more than ample for my commuting needs but think down the road I might travel a bit with the Brommie and a rear rack would be nice.

Bear