Thread: Diabetics?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-19, 05:29 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 781 Times in 503 Posts
Originally Posted by tmac100
Hardly!

A wrong attitude to have. Considering what will happen to you IF you did not take the meds, I would be more positive and say it was a "Life Saving daily ritual". Your attitude towards diabetes management IS important

I say this as a 71 y.o with Type 1 diabetes since 1964. Glad to take my insulin several times a day along with other meds - and pricking my finger at least 6 times a day. Still doing unsupported bicycle touring - with a very short 7-day one in France next month.
MY attitude is spot on for my personal health. The Metformin that I take is not for diabetes but instead aggressive Prostate Cancer and as far as I am concerned it is a life sentence not a death sentence.

p.s. -- I am back from 75 miles riding so far today, quick bite and kit change because of temps/humidity and back out for 50+ more miles.

ENJOY YOUR TOUR.