View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 10:33 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
I have a Rohloff on my TSR and love it. You can avoid seperating the cables by going for the version with the external click-box - just take the click-box with the cables off and pack it with the front half of the bike. I did finally not go for it as I have a kickstand on the rear axle and both in combination are bit of a hassle (at least with the kickstand I am using), so i am using the internal version. Did not separate the cables yet as no need to separate the bike in combination with hesitation to buy another set of Moulton cable splitters until now but had no issues in doing so if I would really need it.
I really love the ride of the TSR (which should be close to a SST) - fast and comfortable, thus it is a great tourer. A downside is the special luggage: With the original rear carrier the only really well working option is the original bag. Fine but limited in size. You can add small lowrider front bags together with the front carrier (I am using carradice ones) which offer little room, get in the way a bit and the carriers are heavy. And you can use a Carradice camper longflap saddlebag additionally. So the total volume combined is absolutely enough, just the luggage is fragmented and overall it is pretty expensive. But that's no surprise when talking about Moultons I guess.

The Moulton is a good and stylish touring bike. You probably will end up way cheaper and not worse when selling it and replacing it with a dedicated tourer - a matter of taste, money and style.
Likes For berlinonaut: