Old 07-20-19, 06:58 PM
einstruzende

Bikes: Time ZXRS, Dura Ace, Zipp 808.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ronin4740
Similar story here - won't bore you with it. Weight loss was easy in the 30's and not too hard in the 40's is getting harder and harder in the 50's... Did the Keto diet 18 months ago and lost a bunch of weight but it came right back when I stopped... Now trying to lose it "honestly" through riding hard and eating reasonably. So far about 10 lbs has come off and I'm down to 230... We'll both do it, it'll just take longer and more effort than we remember and than we'd like
I have some low hanging fruit in my diet, namely way too much bourbon and high carb dinners like pizza. I don't want to go "keto" but I will go lower carb, cutting out all high carb meals and sadly, the bourbon. My liver levels in my last physical dictate that I take action now or risk issues later in life.

My biggest issue right now on bike is how uncomfortable it is to sit on. I have my saddle issues and position worked out ok, but the pressure on my hands and arms is still pretty high and I can't do much more than an hour without hating my life. The problem is I have a "performance bike" and the fitness of a ... non-performant person!