View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 04:31 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,197 Times in 758 Posts
I have a relatively mild correction but do need reading glasses/cheaters.

I have a pair of Oakley Flak (not sure which model, I think the original?) with progressive lenses. These are the first and only real good (expensive) sunglasses I've ever owned. Next pair I get will be a different style since I don't really like the full-on athletic aero type style of the Oakley lenses, but the clarity and comfort have me sold on getting another pair of good glasses after years of being perfectly satisfied with cheap ones (see below). I wear the Oakleys all the time driving or riding and usually don't take them off when I go into a store shopping rather than mess with cheaters. They just "disappear" when I'm wearing them in terms of comfort and optics. The lenses themselves seem to be very durable in terms of standing up to abuse, more scratch resistant, for sure and seem to resist fogging better when I'm xc skiing.

Otherwise I have always worn safety glasses (recently with cheaters) and keep pairs as backups scattered around the cars, and when I'm traveling. They are fine comfort and function wise, but the tinted lens color and clarity perfection are not the same. But well worth the price. I have a few different pair of these in brown tint, and a some in clear and yellow. I wear the clear and yellow when the Oakly's aren't suitable for the conditions, which is rare, and the brown ones when I have forgotten the Oakleys.

Last edited by Camilo; 07-21-19 at 04:46 PM.