Old 07-22-19, 11:32 AM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
Yesterday a group of friends were out riding and an oncoming driver made a left turn directly into them. One rider was hurt, lost teeth and Ti Lynskey bent badly. Could have been worse. The lady driver said she did not see the cyclists.

It got me thinking, I always have my rear blinky on (Planet Bike Superflash), but might be a good idea to have a daylight white blinky on the front.

Any suggestions for a small, lightweight but effective and durable front blinky?
Ahh, look no further than a motorcycle. They must have the headlight on at all times TO BE SEEN.

She is at fault, period. Turning against traffic, no brainer who is at fault. I would guess that she was texting or looking at the phone. Lucky no one got killed. Last year in Charlotte a experienced rider was hit in the same manner. Didn't see her coming was the excuse but she hit the rider and the rider was killed. Scary.

I have a rechargeable front blinker. Not a headlight but just a white blinker. At least if something does happen, I will have done everything I know to be more visible. Yes, that means no black or dark jerseys either. Only bright colors for me. Cannot figure out why manufacturers continue to push mostly black or really dark colors for jerseys.

john
Likes For rutan74: