View Single Post
Old 07-22-19, 05:01 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 533 Posts
OT, but this just literally hit me when looming at pics of the beautifully detailed topic bike.
Is it just me, or are these elaboratively pantographed and chromed Italian C&V bikes are starting to look and feel like something we consider as "Victorian"??

Not meant to be a negative comment. Just a sort of new perception I'm seeming to develop on the aesthetics on such bikes.

Additionally, I'm really understanding now why my avid cyclist nephew, who owns/rides an uber CF disc brakes Canyon, might never develop the taste for our C&V steel bikes like the topic bike. All the chrome, fancy paint, decals and pantographing must look really superfluous to him.

So, most likely, we are "it" for any substantial numbers of people that will really appreciate these classic steel bikes. I just wonder where all our bikes will end up when we're all gone. Sure the really riveted stuff like Masis and Colnagos will find a place in the heart of some future collectors, but what happens to the Olmos, Vitus, ALANS, Bennottos, and the "regular" Peugeots and Gitanes. As it is, really nice bike that just happen to have unfamiliar names are finding it hard to attract enough people.

Last edited by Chombi1; 07-22-19 at 05:10 PM.
Likes For Chombi1: