Old 07-22-19, 06:00 PM
einstruzende

Bikes: Time ZXRS, Dura Ace, Zipp 808.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tallbikeman
I have found that a really nice balance beam scale is so important on weight loss verification. I weigh a couple times a week at the same time in the morning. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of calories and nutrients. Your bourbon comes up on myfitnesspal so you can keep up with all your caloric intake. I'm glad to hear that you are reconsidering your decision to drink alcohol. I have found that our devious little brains will very quickly either get you started drinking again or fall into some other addictive trap. By that I mean everything from fast food to heroin can be an addictive trap. It took several years to break the alcohol addiction for me and I've not had any for over 30 yrs now. Good luck. I can't say why I allowed myself to keep eating until I was a blimp but I did. Changing this permission for overeating is as hard as quitting addictive behavior. The hard part is you don't get to quit eating altogether, you must moderate and keep a sensible outlook about what you are eating. So possibly diet/nutritional education and self realization about the consequences of what you are feeding your body is the best anecdote to overeating and destructive addictive behaviors. I hit 254lbs a couple of weeks ago and my blood pressure finally tested in the safe range. I'm keeping a tight control on calorie intake every day so as to continue losing weight. Having done this cycle once before I now realize I won't be able to stop using a calorie diary for the rest of my life, otherwise my devious little brain will figure some way to fatten me up again.
Over 2008/2009, I weighed myself every single day. Once I got rolling it was a great way to keep me in check. Bouron is proving to be a problem. I didn't start drinking alcohol until I was 40, back in 2014. It was only three or four times a month at first, but eventually got out of hand. This year alone (as in last 12 months) I went through at least 75 bottles of bourbon, and on top of the health issue, I don't drink rot-gut bourbon! Went through 8 bottles of Blantons, 20 bottles of Eagle Rare, 20 bottles of Buffalo Trace and numerous others. I would estimate $6,000 worth of bourbon in the last 12 months. I would have drank 100% Eagle Rare if it wasn't so damn hard to find. Had to go to New Orleans and buy a bunch.

All that said, I have been liquor free since July 10. Cold turkey thank you very much.
Likes For einstruzende: