Thread: Eddy Merckx SLX
View Single Post
Old 07-23-19, 09:14 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs
First off that Turbo saddle is hot (!) and probably, outside of the frame, the most valuable component on the bike. I’ve never seen that color Turbo before and you get extra points for matching with the frame. I believe that is a Corsa Extra in Team Teve Blad color way. Kelme I believe is mostly purple-ish with some green.

My experience with most of my bikes is that they are worth more to me than what I could sell it for. Somebody wants to pay me only $500 for this dream machine? Screw that!
Hear! Hear! Spaghetti!
Since I've had some of my rides for years now, many are actually fetching a little profit (from what I see being paid for them), but that was getting deals back in the days when people weren't clamoring for them as much. Glad you gave an idea as to value since I'm not that familiar with the Merckx line-up. I've set-up a meet with an owner of an 80's bike (got postponed first time), but I've yet to see the bike visually; just descriptions, but for $300 it could be well worth it, the first Merckx in the shed if it works out.