View Single Post
Old 07-23-19, 02:36 PM
Charliekeet

Bikes: S-Works Stumpjumper HT Disc, Fuji Absolute, Kona Jake the Snake, '85 Cannondale SR900

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Bizquick
I inquired about this particular models value since I couldn't find anything about it. Yes the ludacris "asking price" peaked my interest. I dont buy cheap bikes to sell that need anything. If they do need something it would be tires and or grip tape. Seems like common sense to anyone who has ever purchased a bicycle part.

So It was made clear that the bike doesn't have value and is a low end bicycle.

I decided to buy the bicycle anyway for 25.00. I spent about an hour and a half cleaning the bike, adjusting the brakes, and listing it for sale. The bike was purchased for 75.00 in 30hrs. So I guess I went into a bank with 25.00 asked for 75.00 and they gave it to me. I would have made more money per hour working. However I enjoyed the process so it wasn't work to me.
Right, there is certainly value in spending the time to learn and familiarize yourself with a cheap bike, as it makes you more capable when you come across a better project. As others have said, though, be careful with things like this because it was lucky you found someone who had $75 to use on this instead of a higher-quality bike.

If tou you can get a better example for your next project,, you’ll see the difference and if the bike never sells, at least you have a keeper-worthy rider or parts bike and more current-state repair experience.
Likes For Charliekeet: