Old 07-23-19, 09:09 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Congratulations to all for your hard work at losing weight. 282lbs on March 7th with uncontrolled blood pressure. Lots of pills now and down to 254lbs. I too use Myfitnesspal. The plateaus are murder but I stop using the calories gained from exercise and if the weight still won't go I start cutting an arbitrary amount of calories out of the daily budget. I set Myfitnesspal up for a 2lb a week reduction and find it gives me about a pound a week reduction. I'm 66 and it could be my metabolism is slower and uses less energy. This is my second time losing weight and I'm thinking I probably can never give up the calorie counting because I will just balloon up again. The first time I lost weight down to 220lbs which was still out of a good BMI range for my height, 6ft5in. I now realize that I might end up at 200lbs or less and be quite skinny before hitting a healthy BMI. Someone earlier commented they wanted to hit 80 in reasonably good health and I join that sentiment. I don't recall seeing any heavy 80 yr old men. So off comes the weight.
Likes For tallbikeman: