View Single Post
Old 07-30-19, 09:03 PM
spinconn

Bikes: Trek Marlin 7; Giant Roam 4

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks, I went to the nearest Specialized dealer and Trek dealer. They had limited bikes in medium frame size so I only got to ride the FX3 at the Trek LBS, and the Sirrus base model at the Specialized LBS. Both were much quicker, lighter and responsive than my Cypress. Both shops are in the city so I did not get to do any distance before having to slow down and stop, not the kind of uninterrupted open road I ride on at home. Still, they were definitely fast compared to my current bike.

I think I liked the Sirrus better by just a little bit. Friday my LBS Giant dealer will get a Roadfast in and I will take it for a test ride also before deciding. Funny thing is the FX and Sirrus, despite having flat bars, were much more aggressive and less upright than my Cypress and this not only made for more efficient pedaling, it felt fine with my back. I am thinking I should also give a drop bar road bike a test but without putting at least a good hour into it I will not know for sure if it would be workable for me. These shops don't want me doing a test ride that far and long.

I will know more on Friday but after these test rides my Cypress is feeling awfully heavy and slow,