Old 08-05-19, 08:59 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Modernizing a Classic: 1984 Trek 760

It's funny to be back here all these years later, but here goes.

I bought an 84 trek 760 used in 2007 or so when I was in college. I built that bike up and raced it for a short time, then built it up as a single speed to enjoy. Then I worked in boston for a few years and rode it around like that. Then I started medical school and it sat. And sat. And...

I just started residency. I finally decided to sell my old 'race' bike, a CAAD9 with DA7800 and neuvation wheels and got a pittance for the setup when I put it up. I really should have parted it out but so it goes... I'm still left with the trek that's still sitting in single speed trim. I'm in the market for a 'new to me' bike with a more endurance oriented geometry but I figure... why not try setting this up to be a fun longer distance bike?

So here I am again. I hope you'll humor me and answer a few questions.

1) If I were to put on a carbon fork, what should I be looking for? Any suggestions?
I've had back surgery in the past and I'm looking to smooth out the ride a bit. There's nothing wrong with the current fork per-se, but it may be nice to do this. I remember there used to be a few options.

2) Is there anything I need to know for compatibility other than the fact that the BB is a 68mm english thread? FD should be a 28.6mm clamp, correct?

Thanks for any help.... it's been a while. I think it would be really nice to build this back up just to enjoy it!
Likes For ridethecliche: