Old 08-07-19, 10:39 AM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked 811 Times in 448 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
@the sci guy, that Raleigh looks good and well priced. You're hoping he'll cut the price by half? That doesn't seem likely, but if he does, then great for you.

Huffy bought the rights to use the name Raleigh in the US for a period. They contracted with Taiwanese and Japanese makers to make the bikes. They were good bikes. Who cares if it was Huffy?

The brake is funny shaped for no particular reason. Manufacturers were trying to distinguish their products, so they stylized this model. It's no better or worse than others. I think it looks cool.

The seller's name looks Vietnamese. I think it's unkind to make fun of a foreign name. We should expect foreign names to sound foreign. OK sometimes I chuckle, but then I get over it, and I use the name without thinking about it at all. I hope to get over the chuckling phase.
When I read the caption to the Morton Salt Girl photo the FB seller is using as their picture, it lead me to suspect his moniker is a profane pseudonym disguised as a Southeast Asian name. Perhaps you missed that?

I proudly own a 1985 Huffy/Raleigh Super Course. It rides quite nicely. For a minute I owned a Huffy Aerowind. Not so nice. I'd like to find a Huffy Serrota. I've been on the fence for weeks about a $50 Takara Competition with full Arabesque. The Name matters not. The proof is in the pedaling.

Last edited by machinist42; 08-07-19 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammar