Old 08-11-19, 10:08 AM
Repack Rider
Retro on steroids

Bikes: Breezer Repack 650-B, 2013 Trek Rumblefish, 2011 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II, Gary Fisher HiFi 29er, 1983 Ritchey Annapurna, 1994 Ritchey P-21, 1978 Breezer #2 and LeMond road bike

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 30 Posts
First MountainBikes publicity photos 1979

In the fall of 1979 Gary Fisher and I decided we were going to build bikes on frames supplied by Tom Ritchey, under the company name "MountainBikes." Our "inventory" was nine Ritchey frames. There was one working example of the bikes we planned to sell, Gary's personal machine. He had built a bike on a frame made by Tom a few months before, and later Tom had advanced us nine more frames, the basis for our "business decision." I was still riding my Breezer, built by Joe Breeze the previous year.

One of the first orders of business was getting some photos of the bike. Gary had a Hasselblad camera, a relic of his light show, "The Lightest Show on Earth." He wasn't sure I could use the complicated camera, but I could certainly ride the bike, so I was the model used in the publicity stills, with his bike.

Rather than post the photos here, I will link to the blog entry on fattireflyer.com. All photos by Gary Fisher.