Old 08-11-19, 10:32 PM
JonBailey
Schwinn Discovery

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
I will say that it's not something I'm ever likely to do myself, but your installation looks good. Better than duct-taping a cardboard box to your rack.

I actually did something similar to our popup camper. On the hitch, next to the battery box, I installed a small plastic toolbox I bought cheap in order to hold bungees, gorilla tape, and a few other odds & ends. But rather than zip tie it, I drilled holes in the bottom of the toolbox and bolted it to the hitch.
My latest update to my tool box will to have a wooden board mounted on top of the existing metal rear carrier to make a flatbed.
Then the tool box will be bolted down on top of the board. The board is to be painted black. Stay tuned.

I've decided that zip tying the box to the carrier looks shoddy. I need a way to fairly easily remove the tool box
to wash the bike at a coin-operated car wash about every couple months. The toolbox is not exactly water-tight
under car wash hose pressure.

I don't want to drill holes in the original carrier to preserve the bike's value.