Old 08-12-19, 08:32 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
I wrote to him. While he appreciated my input, he tried to downplay the issues I brought up. I guess when I suggested he should do a bit of research and then list at a more realistic price, he decided lowering the price by 25% would do it. He came across as trying to play it up beyond what it is.

It's nice, but it's nothing more than a $300 bike in most markets.

DD
Thank you for the added context and follow up. His ad copy was lifted from a different website. Perhaps to an unsuspecting person--linking "a fine manganese molybendum" to a Jaguar E-Type, all why not saying that the "fine" material is actually Reynolds 531--the description sounds mythical and alluring, but this elevation-by-association is eye-roll-inducing in its try-hard attempt. It's DB 531 at a very high level, anybody who knows bikes to even a moderate degree knows that 531's reputation precedes itself. More knowledgeable bike enthusiasts will know A-D, and likely the Ultima and its place in the hierarchy.