View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 06:29 AM
stacym3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best Resources for Beginners

New to the forum and cycling in general and I'm wondering what are the best resources for those trying to get into the sport. I purchased a 2015 Specialized Vita Sport in 2015 and promptly found out I was pregnant and was too afraid to ride, by the time I recovered from that I was pregnant again and needless to say I've only just now, 4 years later, really been able to get on my bike! I've been able to get out 3-4 times a week and am up to 15-20 mile rides and I absolutely love it. However, I feel like I'm just hopping on the bike and going and I don't really know much about how to take care of my bike or even how to maximize it's abilities. Are there any entry-level resources that aren't full of acronyms and are easy to follow? My main interests for now are taking proper care of my bike (I've just brought it in for a tune up so I want to be able to keep up once I've got it back) and increasing my comfort to push for longer rides, I've had issues with hand numbing when I get over 10 miles so I've ordered some gloves but am looking at barends and feeling overwhelmed! Any thoughts are much appreciated.