View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 09:43 AM
Tulok

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Neat stories

Lots of neat stories and interesting perspectives everyone has!

Its funny how n+1 applies to stages of life it seems. I have gotten rid of so many bikes over the last year and I have a hard time even remembering what all I had.

Now my only 3 keepers are my 1986 Fuji Roubaix. I got it after I stupidly sold my Centurion IMDS in teal and white. It literally was the absolute perfect size for me and I could ride for 7-8 hours without a hint of discomfort. I didn’t know that I had it that good... sigh! The Fuji is really close to the same dimensions but not quite! It’s close enough that I have now ridden it as long as 5 hours with very minimal discomfort and that’s still pretty dang good for me.

Also, I promised the man I bought it from that I would do the furnace creek 508 on it someday! And I’m working towards that goal still!

2nd keeper is my wife’s Electra Cruiser 1. We got a matching pair, I pretty much ruined mine but I feel guilty about ruining it, so now I keep hers in tip top shape and respect it. I ride it 90x more than her, but she does ride it too. It’s the one bike I can’t tinker with!

3rd bike I just got “back, again” is my grandfather’s late 60’s Schwinn World Tour. I completely restored it 5 years ago, Rode it a ton and it was great. Then my dad wanted it, he proceeded to let it become utterly consumed by sitting outside. So now I have it back again! Planning an upright resto mod to use with my baby back seat.