Old 08-15-19, 06:59 AM
Rick53

Bikes: Verve, Dual Sport 2 and FX3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by stuman74
Thanks for your detailed feedback in this and the other thread as well. Very interesting and helpful (though, now I'm leaning back to Verve . I am 45 and 6'2" 225 lb so probably on the heavier side for some cyclists. The bumpy parts of the paved paths as well as the packed gravel are where I'm thinking the Verve with the 45mm tires would excel. Always about that balance of comfort and performance for sure. I also suppose if I went Verve 3, I can keep my current FX 7.2 if going on a smooth paved ride and then have the Verve for the more adventure trails. Though realistically, I'd probably love whichever new bike I get and never ride the old one again.

Also: the 45mm tires from the Verve 3 actually fit on the FX 3? I had reached out to Trek support online and they said the largest the FX 3 could take is a 38mm.
38? Nonsense : Those chat guys go by specs they have on sheets . I've asked them questions they have no idea about > I've had 35 from an older FX , 40 from a dual Sport, and 45 From a Verve on this New FX3. Granted the 45 is close but does work. I would say it's height that's their concern with , not width. Whoever said 38 max is mistaken. I was looking at a set of 42's at the trek Store . That store had the H5 Tire 50% off in that 42 size because they don't sell any. It was the same tire as on the Verve . The mechanic was standing right there and said they'd work.

Last edited by Rick53; 08-15-19 at 07:03 AM.