View Single Post
Old 08-18-19, 02:19 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 259 Posts
Is it any wonder that the majority of the population in the USA prefers to purchase their new bicycles from WAL-MART, TARGET, AMAZON, and Walmart/Target's & others' Ebay stores?

Sadly, too often, this type of helpful reception that R H CLARK has received here in this bikeforums thread is where things seem to be in certain bike shops.
R H Clark simply expressed the experience that RH CLARK had. Neither you or I were there.
I think that suggesting that RH is wrong or not truthful is extremely disrespectful.
Differences of opinion and personalities contribute greatly to an interesting world.

Perhaps, maybe those bike shops are taking the approach that the customer is wrong. It seems it might be the case. Obviously, there is no debate that RH Clark received what I would call poor customer service at the bike shop that he visited. There is absolutely nothing wrong with mentioning that you'd like to know what the most cost effective solution. Everybody wants to know this and usually does ask this before any other service provider/contractor/parts supplier/repair person begins any type of work. Why should his inquiry here be any different?
All I can say is vote with your pocketbook!
Poor customer service tends to come back to haunt businesses as those who feel they have not been treated well will tend to tell others of their "less-than-great" experience there. Now if the business had shown attentive friendly service with a smile and respect, perhaps that bike shop business would have him telling folks how wonderful they are. Sometimes, in business you must do just a little more for the customer, if you intend to thrive and be around a long time. Sometimes it is not only what gets ringed up at the register that matters, but the overall impression of that person who just walked out the door.
Likes For Vintage Schwinn: