Old 04-22-03, 08:20 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok guys, had to report back...

my training got sidelined by a stupid flu sickness that just wouldn't go away --- alomst 7 weeks in total in March and early April - uh! iritating!

but i am back and i am strong! the last 2 weeks i had started again gradually and then last weekend was 4 days of hard training in northern Italy - i rode 6000 meters vertical (19,800ft) in 4 days... obviously with lots of trails for the descents too!

today is rest and tomorrow i ride with the group again and will hopefully see an improvement -- i lost a sprint last week to my buddy who last year never beat me in a sprint but has been training hard for 2 months. i hope to not repeat that tomorrow, and that much of it was due to my having been o long sick... Thursday is sprint training with my race buddy.

first big race is in 1 1/2 weeks - Sat May 3rd - 105km and 3550meters vertical in Lake Garda Italy... i rode many of the trails last weekend.

but man is it a long race - i think it will take me 6 1/2 to 7 hours to finish so i need to think a lot about eating and nutrition and all.

tonight will be the first leg-shaving of the year... that signifies the official beginning of the race season for me!