View Single Post
Old 08-22-19, 11:10 AM
edthesped

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Altair 4 View Post
If I were riding to the Holiday Inn Express late at night and mid-week and I had a good front and rear light on my bike, I'd ride right down Grant Street, turn right onto Ft. Pitt Blvd., turn left and cross the Smithfield Street Bridge. Then turn left on Carson. At the hour that Amtrak gets in and on a mid-week night, I'd probably ride on the sidewalk on Carson, turning left on 10th Street to the hotel. Probably a 15 to 20 minute ride. On the weekends, Carson is crazy busy (lots of bars and restaurants that are open quite late), both car and pedestrian-wise, you'd either need to ride a back street or just walk your bike part of the way, depending on traffic and your personal comfort level.

Here's a map: Pittsburgh Amtrak to Holiday Inn Express South Side Modify it as you see fit. Not sure about a shuttle service. Maybe Uber if you can order a larger vehicle/minivan? Enjoy your ride!
Definitely sidewalk it on Carson Street, it's one of the few streets in the city I'm actually terrified to ride on.