Thread: PBP Audax
View Single Post
Old 08-31-19, 08:51 PM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
PBP Audax

On the RUSA website is a brief history of the PBP. It's a pretty good introduction to the subject. I've read it more than once.

Among other things, it mentions a PBP Audax, that is, a group ride. Not the Brevet. The website says "The Union des Audax Française, successor to the UAP, has continued to organize the "PBP Audax" at five-year intervals since 1951.)"

Elsewhere on the RUSA site I read as follows:

"Along with annual regional brevets of 200-, 300-, and 400-kilometers, the audax riders also put on their own version of PBP every five years. Like the ACP's PBP Randonneurs, the UAF's PBP Audaxis about 1200 kilometers long and there is a ninety-hour time limit. After that the differences are quite noticeable. The audax ride closely parallels the original PBP route along the N-12 highway to Brest. The older route has less climbing than the more tranquil but hillier ACP route used since 1979."

So I googled "PBP Audax" and found no more than that. I think i found the
Union des Audax Française website but it's late and I did not feel like wading through the French just now. Could it be that there's no internet chatter about this at all?

if you know anything about the PBP Audax, or other Audax rides, I'd like to hear about it. Do any Americans ride it?