View Single Post
Old 09-01-19, 08:10 PM
sumgy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by BirdsBikeBinocs
No. Reach is adjustable. Degree in the stem makes it so. Saddle to and fro. Saddle tilt can affect the reach.

Look, each time I ride a bike I have to stand over it twice, at least. So I actually stand over it more than I ride it. Therefore, I make sure my go nads have some space to breathe and when I come off the bike in a hurry I know I'm free and clear. If I standover and I have an inch or an inch and half, that bike will fit me because everything after the standover test is fully adjustable. Standover. My #1 spec.

When you buy a bike that's too big for you, you'll know why it is. Standover height.
You should never adjust saddle fore aft to get your position right in relation to bars.
Actual reach is a frame measurement from a line up from your BB to your top tube out to your headtube, but I understand what you are meaning.
I will never buy a bike that is too big for me.
My road bikes will always have a 58cm ETT, because that is the most important measurement for me, whether it has a 60cm seat tube (84cm standover) like my Concorde, or whether it has a 54cm seat tube (80cm standover).

Last edited by sumgy; 09-01-19 at 08:16 PM.
Likes For sumgy: