Old 01-30-06, 05:42 PM
Old Hammer Boy

Bikes: Trek, Cannondale Tandem, Surly LHT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Berts,

I hear ya brother! I'm fortunate like Raketmensch, my wife likes to ride as much (or more) than I. If there's any way you could get yours involved, perhaps by purchasing her some spiffy cycling clothes, that might help your situation greatly. Another thing that has helped, we own a tandem and use that for perhaps 75% of our riding. It's a great thing for our relationship and has honestly helped us feel a stronger sense of compassion for eachother. Couples that sweat together, stay together. If you can't convince your wife to join you, you'll just have to steal an hour here or there, as suggested. That commuting idea is a great one, too.

One thing I have always said about exercise, it really doesn't take time away from life, it adds to it. Why? First, I find when I'm physically active, I have more endurance, require less sleep, and have more energy for everything. So, I'm there for my family when I'm feeling fit, and I'm a happier person to be around. Second, I honestly believe that (in most cases) exercise can add years to your life. But, you all know that... OHB