View Single Post
Old 09-05-19, 07:11 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by Writenride
Here's some more on the Specialized M2 Pro:

Specialized had many Ritchey components on this bike, including a Ritchey Force Lite bar, Ritchey Logic pedals in red, and a Nitto\Ritchey seatpost. But over the years almost all of them were thrashed beyond repair.

This is what sold me; a M950 Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur. The bike had an XTR rear mech and an XT Front mech that clamped on the seat tube.

Specialized had this great Son of Stronarm Crankset, which I sold. Later, I found this M952 five arm XTR on eBay. I thought the five arm looked better.

I learned a lot about this bike as well as myself, after changing so many components over the years. I'll probably never sell the bike, but being over 20 years old now (!!), it's getting harder to find good components for it.
You know, I'm surprised there aren't that many talking about 90's Stumpjumpers. Maybe these photographs might change that. Thanks.
Nice Stumpjumper, and great condition also. Its great to see original owners on these old bikes. I understand about the parts, I have this 93 Breezer that is getting more and more pricey to keep running in somewhat period-correct high-end condition.

Here's my 92 Stumpjumper Comp with risers and modern cranks, a great riding and lightweight bike