Old 09-09-19, 10:49 AM
smullen

Bikes: Trek 4900, Giant Anthem x 29er 4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 3S1M
I can't help you with figuring out what bike to buy. BUT, you and I are in a similar boat. I started riding a bicycle in May after like.... maybe 20 years of not being on one. My wife and I rode when we were first married. We had 2 cruiser bikes my Grandma gave me and we had a nice park with black top trails we road on real close to our house. Then someone stole one of our bikes and I didn't really ride since then. I walked for exercise. Then I got lyme disease and had terrible health problems at 36 years old and it kicked my butt. I'm 47 and am doing a bit better this year than I had in a long time, and we had 1 bike that my daughter and I cleaned up and started riding.

Man was that a blessing and fun. Now all 4 of us have bikes. But I'm riding a girly bike that was the original bike we had. It was my wife's. It's very comfy but I want something more manly to ride around. LOL. I actually don't mind it but I figured if I'm riding regularly, I'm starting to care about my bike. Not that I care what anyone else thinks but I've been working on bikes and I've got the itch to do another one. The way I want it.

I want to do like a bmx / cruiser hybrid. With bigger wheels like 24". So I can just cruise but have the look of a bmx type bike. I don't really feel like I will do any tricks other than the drifting the rear tire on gravel sometimes. But I like the look and uprightness of BMX style bars. What would be cool is some mag rims to have that reminder of when we were kids. Mag wheels were all the rage on BMX bikes, eh? LOL.
I hear ya... My GT used to have White kinda a directional looking Mag wheels and one of my friends and I would swap stuff back and fourth, so sometimes I had a Lavender/purplish set of Tuff IIs on it. I though they were the the shizz back then...